Reading Olympics Winners

Reading Olympics  Winners
Way to go Annaliese, Penny and Andrew!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just a Few Items.....

 Just a reminder, my math students will be taking the Unit 1 test tomorrow.

Spelling packets are due on Thursday, and I will also give the spelling test that day as well.  The spelling pretest for the next lesson will be given on Friday and homework will go home on Monday.  I am offering extra credit spelling homework for Wednesday evening.  Students who write each word 5x each will earn a raffle ticket, and 10x each , 2 tickets.  This extra credit should be done neatly on loose leaf paper.

I emailed each of you the Treasure's Login link and your child's personal information to log on.  As I become more familiar with the site as well, I might assign extra credit homework online.  Please let your child explore this site, as I will be talking with them about their likes and dislikes to get a feel of who would actually like to use it as a learning tool.

The conference schedule was emailed to you.  It is also up on my blog as well as my web site.  That means there is no reason for you  to miss your conference or run late! ( LOL  just kidding, a little Balicki humor there.)  If anything changes in your life between now and Oct 17, just let me know so we can reschedule.  I will resend the schedule to each of you the week before conferences to remind you of your date and time.

Book Projects and a 1/2 page summary are due next week Monday.  Novels should be completed already or by midweek.  Please make sure your child does not wait until the weekend to begin their project work.  If I feel they "threw" something together Sunday evening, I will have them redo their project. The summary can be typed or written neatly on loose leaf paper.

No comments: